Dunkettle Interchange Project
Upgrade Dunkettle to a largely free-flow interchange to alleviate traffic congestion.
- At the main Dunkettle site, advanced works, including detailed ground investigations and ecological mitigation measures, are continuing across the site.
- In addition, construction of the site office for the project is now underway at the western end of Little Island.
Footpath construction and road resurfacing to regularise the traffic lanes in the area for both inbound and outbound traffic.
- At Silversprings, construction of the new boundary wall at HSS is continuing with on-road elements of the works continuing to be progressed under night-time working in order to minimise disruption to traffic.
- Works on the extension to the centre median will get underway next week and hope to have two lanes established for inbound traffic before the end of November 2018.
Sarsfield Road Area
Upgrading Sarsfield Road to facilitate sustainable transport modes such as walking, cycling and public transport.
- On the northbound lanes, works are nearing substantial completion and the right turn into Wilton Court Estate will be re-established today.
- Resurfacing of the northbound lanes will be progressed under night-time working after the bank holiday weekend.
- Works in the centre median, with the exception of public lighting, should reach substantial completion before the bank holiday weekend, on Friday October 26, 2018.
- Work focus will then move to the southbound lanes. In this area it is hoped to re-establish the right turn lanes into both the Wilton shopping centre and the ESB premises on or before Friday October 26, 2018.
N40 Intelligent Transport System
- Installation of gantry mounted variable message signs and other infrastructure to display traffic information such as journey times.
- On the N40, night-time works are continuing in order to minimise traffic disruption, while we complete the installation of service ducting and also complete site investigation works required at the various ITS installation points.
- A more detailed update on the ongoing and future ITS works on the N40 and approach roads will be circulated with next week’s update.