Dunkettle Interchange Upgrade Project
Upgrade Dunkettle to a largely free-flow interchange to alleviate traffic congestion.
- Works are continuing on structures ST01, ST08 & ST09 along with ground improvement works at Links A,D,E, F & Q both north and south of the N25. Works in the vicinity of the Dunkettle Interchange Roundabout have begun to ramp up during the course of the last week in order to facilitate progression of works on a number of additional structures.
- Following the installation of the precast concrete beams, steel fixing for the bridge deck of structure ST09 is now well underway – See photograph below.
- At the Northern abutment of structure ST08, the foundation to support the northern span of this bridge has been prepared and this will be cast over the coming days, with the beams then being placed towards the end of this month.
ST09 bridge deck works being progressed along with the placement of earthworks fill material for Link E
- The columns for the northern abutment of structure ST01 were poured during the week. Works are also continuing on what will be the Northern centre pier of this bridge in the N25 centre median area and we hope to construct the pile cap at this location before the end of May.
- The fast lane/lane 2 closures in place both eastbound and westbound on the N25 will remain in place for the next 4 weeks approximately to facilitate these works. The overall length of the traffic management will however, be shortened significantly over the course of this weekend which should assist traffic flow at this location.
The northern abutment and northern central pier being progressed either side of the live N25 eastbound
- The works to structures ST07 and RW05 at the Dunkettle Interchange Roundabout will require off peak lane closures of the outer ring of the roundabout and lane closures on a number of the approaches to the roundabout itself, this will continue intermittently over the coming period during off-peak daytime hours.
- In order to complete the required works to the existing structure ST10 on the M8, the hard shoulder and lane 1 will be closed northbound along with a hard shoulder closure on the southbound side. This will be put in place next week and will be required for 2 months. Access to this structure will also be required from the Local Road L-2998 Glashaboy road with Stop/Go traffic management in place during off peak hours to cater for this.
- Installation of Culverts 02,08 and 12 are ongoing on site with culverts of up to 1,800mm in diameter being installed in various areas of the site.
- Earthworks are ongoing north of the N25 at Link D on the the north east side of the Dunkettle Interchange Roundabout as regular commuters will have noticed over recent days.
- The completion of the pile caps for the Link A-E embankment is also ongoing alongside the North Esk intertidal area – see photograph below.
Link A-E pile cap installation
- A reminder that the temporary reduced speed limit of 60 km/hr for the Dunkettle site area is in place and motorists are requested to abide by the new speed limit to enhance the safety of the personnel working on site and road users themselves also