David Stanton TD, Minister of State at the Department of Justice and Equality with special responsibility for Equality, Immigration and Integration, today announced the projects that will receive funding under the 2018 Communities Integration Fund. The 115 organisations nationwide will receive grants of up to €5,000 each for activities to support the integration of migrants within our communities. The total amount awarded is just over €500,000.
Minister @davidstantontd today announced €500,000 for the Community Integration Fund 2018, which will benefit 115 grassroots organisations nationwide. For a full list of projects awarded funding, see: https://t.co/IdDEe96gDP #integration pic.twitter.com/obsHOM9UQE
— Department of Justice & Equality (@DeptJusticeIRL) August 2, 2018
Announcing the projects the Minister said: “I am delighted to once again announce funding for a wide variety of projects to aid migrant integration and social inclusion in communities small and large throughout the State. Last year was the first year of the Communities Integration Fund and having personally visited some of the projects funded I was struck by how great an impact such a relatively modest financial support can have in bringing migrants and their host communities together. I look forward to visiting more projects in the future and hearing about the many innovative approaches to migrant integration that will be supported once again through this year’s scheme.”
- Arts and craft based projects
- Intercultural festivals and events, including food festivals
- Initiatives to promote migrant participation in sports and address barriers to participation in local sports clubs
- Projects aimed at building the capacity of female migrants to engage with their local communities
- Local anti-racism actions
- Projects supporting elderly migrants
- Projects supporting LGBT migrants
- Schools-based integration projects
- Local supports for newly arrived migrants
- And many more
The selected projects will take place between now and June 2019. Minister of State Stanton hosted an event on March 21 in Dublin to launch this year’s round of funding. An implementation report on the Fund in its inaugural year of 2017 was also launched at this event.
For further information on the Communities Integration Fund and a copy of the 2017 CIF Implementation Report, please go to the OPMI website